Christmas in July Cards with OOAK
Hi! If you've arrived here after participating in the One of a Kind Christmas in July online event, welcome!
My mission for this workshop was the following: efficiently make a large number of holiday cards from 12x12" papers with few scraps while sharing time-saving techniques.
(Insert "Mission Impossible" music here.)
The end result was a total of twenty cards from just twelve sheets of 12x12" paper, five yards of ribbon, and one 6x8" sheet of adorable stamps. Here they are:
We put together a kit that includes the papers, ribbon and stamps so you have everything you need to create the cards. If you haven't already picked it up, the kit is still available. (You can also purchase the stamps and the papers/ribbons individually.)
I find that I like to learn about a project two ways: by reading the instructions and by watching a video tutorial. You'll find both right here.
Click the link below to download the instructions.
CHRISTMAS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD CARD CLASS
And, here is a full-length, detailed video tutorial to help accomplish our mission!
Tools, Tips and Tricks
While watching the video, you may be interested in more information about some of my favorite tools of the trade. For your convenience, find the links to those items below.
• 12″ Guillotine Paper Trimmer – clean, straight cuts with highly visible measuring grid; can cut small items; self-sharpening blade
• Accordion Pocket File – this starter kit includes printable instructions and a video tutorial to help you create the file and stay organized while using our system
• CS® Acrylic Grid Rulers – available individually or save with a value pack; perfect for aligning border strips, centering, spacing, and planning cropped photos; oh, and measuring
• CS® Grid Paper Pad - ideal for providing cushion when stamping, protects work surface, helps align stamps; 13x13" size
• ScorPal - lines every 1/8" with highly legible measurements along the top edge
• India Ink - dye-based, fast drying black ink ideal for most stamping environments
Lastly, did you like the idea of creating cards efficiently with my trimming formulas? We have more formulas available in our digital store for immediate downloading and printing!
Membership and Shopping
The miracle of efficient card making happens here at Club Scrap every month in the form of our Card Kit membership. Join us, and enjoy the opportunity to learn how to make beautiful cards by following along with our video tutorials and detailed instructions. We'll teach you how to use everything we send, and we'll also help you use what you already have!
The #1 question I’m asked about joining is whether there is a minimum monthly requirement. There is not. I figure it’s my job to earn your loyalty. In many cases, members find a good fit with us and maintain a membership for years.
We share a sneak peek prior to the shipment of every kit, and provide two shipping days each month just in case you want more time to decide. (You can choose to process your membership on the 1st or the 15th of each month.) You are always welcome to shop with us, even if you don’t choose to join.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or give us a call at 888-634-9100. Our team is ready to help.
Thank you for the privilege of your time. We sincerely look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to the Club Scrap family!